The Friends of Lyndhurst (aka The Follies) comprises of a lively, friendly parent group, who organise a mix of educational, fun, motivational, inspirational activities and events for the children. The aim is to give them some lovely memories to add to their time at Lyndhurst. As a small school, it’s lovely to have a friendly, social element for the parents – so we organise things for us too.
Proceeds raised are used to provide some fun ‘extras’ for the children throughout the year. They work hard, so our motivation is to give something back to them as extra treats for their efforts!
Some of the things we’ve done since last December –
- Brilliant children’s Magician ‘Fred in the Shed’ performed a magic show last Christmas
- A visit around the school from Father Xmas, with his little helper handing out chocolate treats
- School Disco – organised by the school, refreshments & glow sticks by the F.O.L
- Christmas cheer for parents before the School Carol Service, with Prosecco & mince pies
- Easter Bonnet Parade, provided Winners Prizes of £10 Book Tokens. Chocolate eggs for all the children, followed by Parent refreshments & an impressive cake sale
- Summer Fun Day, with funny Circus Performers & Drumming Band. Workshops for the children. Very pleasant afternoon with Cream Tea & drinks on the Headmasters Lawn
- Parent Quiz Nights – entertaining quiz, food and bar. A popular night!
- Parent refreshments served at the Annual end of term Prize Giving
- Winter Ball coming up 21st November . A super evening is planned – watch this space
- Mufti days
- Cake Sales throughout the year – a lovely excuse to bake treats with your children
- School Uniform Sales
Proceeds raised have also been used to help out with school equipment. We recently purchased new School Hall black out blinds. Prior to that, funds paid for the Tennis Court to be resurfaced with astro-turf – much better to play on, kinder to skin & increased sporting prowess no doubt in running/football/netball etc !!
If you like the sound of what we’re about – and would like to come along to the F.O.L we would love to see you. It doesn’t have to be a firm commitment, as we know many of you work. However if you just dip in & out, as and when you can that’s cool with us. If we have a bigger group of parents involved, it makes it much easier to organise and put on these events. If you have any idea, things you think would be good to do – just pitch in and let us know.
We’re a nice bunch, it’s a great way to meet other parents, and enjoy doing rewarding things for your children.