The Friends of Lyndhurst comprises of a lively, friendly parent group who organise a mix of educational, fun, motivational, inspirational activities and events for the children. The aim is to give them some lovely memories to add to their time at Lyndhurst. As a small school, it’s lovely to have a friendly, social element for the parents – so we organise things for us too.
Proceeds raised are used to provide some fun ‘extras’ for the children throughout the year. They work hard, so our motivation is to give something back to them as extra treats for their efforts!
Some of the things we have done over the last year or so –
- The Lyndhurst Christmas Fayre with lots of activities and games for the children and last year some special visitors from a galaxy far far away
- A visit to the school from Father Christmas, with his little helper handing out chocolate treats
- Christmas cheer for parents before the annual School Carol Service, with Prosecco & mince pies
- Christmas Wreath making workshop for the parents – nothing feels better than your own handiwork on your front door.
- Parent refreshments served at the annual end of term Prize Giving service
- Provision of the Year 6 Leavers plate which proudly is displayed in the school
- Pimms on the Headmasters Lawn – with Pimms of course for the parents and juice and ice pops for the children
- Refreshments for the children at Lyndhurst’s Sports Day at RMA
- The Lyndhurst Great British Summer Fayre, with a bouncy castle, activities and games for the children and a BBQ for the parents and children
- Easter Bonnet Parade -we provided Chocolate bunnies for all the children, followed by parent refreshments & an impressive cake sale
- Living Eggs – in March our incubator and eggs arrived and the children eagerly awaited the birth of the chicks and enjoyed a few gentle cuddles
- Quiz & Chips – our annual entertaining quiz for the parents and teachers. Always a popular night
- Provision of Lyndhurst Minimis Bear for new starters and Lyndhurst Maximus Bear for Year 6 leavers
- Mufti days
- Cake Sales throughout the year – a lovely excuse to bake treats with your children
- School Uniform Sales
Proceeds raised from these events and others have also been used to help out with school equipment. We purchased the huge play and climbing frame in the main school playground and this year we plan on purchasing Little Lyndhurst some outdoor construction blocks which we know the Early Years will love. A large raised planter will shortly be arriving at the school to assist them with the development of an outdoor growing and learning area.
And, with much excitement, the Living Eggs will again be arriving in the Spring – the children cannot wait!
We invested in a Bose sound system for the school last term which has already been used a number of times and definitely been a hit.
If you like the sound of what we’re about – and would like to come along to the F.O.L we would love to see you. It doesn’t have to be a firm commitment, as we know many of you work. However if you just dip in & out, as and when you can that’s still great with us. If we have a bigger group of parents involved, it makes it much easier to organise and put on these events. If you have any ideas, things you think would be good to do – just pitch in and let us know.
And if life is a little too hectic to assist with the F.O.L events then just join in and come along to the events we put on as they are great fun and all help to benefit our children.
We are a nice bunch with parents from all school years. It’s a great way to meet other parents whilst of course benefitting our children.