Our long history means that tradition plays a part in shaping our character. Lyndhurst pupils are independent, have an adventurous spirit, are well-mannered, show respect for others and are resilient. It is these values that provide a strong foundation on which to build our future. Innovation and creativity flourish which help to define Lyndhurst as a truly forward thinking school.
Success, both collectively and on an individual level is our motivation. Our academically rigorous, individually tailored and dynamic curriculum challenges and supports all pupils.
We are proud of our Christian heritage whilst embracing the religious and cultural differences of all children and families. Our community is extended into the local community and those we support through national and international charities.
- To place pupils at the heart of a strong supportive school community.
- To provide a secure and happy environment in which children feel safe, nurtured and valued.
- To promote high standards of academic achievement through innovative, reflective teaching which sparks endeavour and interest in all pupils.
- To ensure that pupils have a clear understanding of their strengths and areas for development through focused marking, assessment and individual target setting.
- To promote a spiritual and moral awareness in our pupils based on the values of respect, good manners, empathy and kindness; developing a sense of service to the school community and beyond.
- To provide a wide range of opportunities in a co-educational environment to enable pupils to discover and develop interests and expand their experience.
- To foster self-confidence and a lifelong love of learning so that pupils leave as mature, engaging, thoughtful and grounded citizens.
Traditional values with a modern approach